We offer two different kit types – you can now choose a treatment kit for either one hand or for two. Please note: Most children switch from one thumb to the other, when you apply the TGuard. For that reason, we recommend purchasing the treatment kit for both hands. Treatment for each hand includes:
- 1 Ambidextrous ThumbGuard appliance
- 30 bracelets: fun to wear, and multi-colored, so children can choose a new color every day!
- 1 Instalock – makes the fitting process as easy as possible!
- Reward chart + stickers
- One set of instructions
Why is ThumbGuard recommended the most?
- ThumbGuard takes less than 4 weeks to completely break the habit.
- ThumbGuard is made out of FDA-listed, medical grade plastic, and is manufactured in the USA. The product is 100% BPA and phthalate free.
- It has a success rate greater than 95%.
|SIZING CHART||Age: 3 to 4||Age: 5 to 6||Age: 7+|
|Recommended Appliance Size||Small||Medium||Large|
Please note that for children younger than 3, the small size can still be used. HOWEVER, the success rate cannot be claimed to be 95%, because very young children are more likely to switch from thumb to finger sucking, or vice-versa, due to their habit not being fully matured.
1) What is included in the treatment kit?
The ThumbGuard, a thumb sucking treatment kit, contains the following:
- ONE (1) ambidextrous appliances, to be worn on any hand,
- THIRTYY (30) multicolored, lockable bracelets
- ONE (1) Reward Chart with Stickers
- TWO (2) Instalocks
- ONE (1) printed instructional sheet.
2) What size should I order?
Size Small: Suitable for children younger than 4, who weigh less than 40 pounds Size Medium: Suitable for children aged 5 to 6, who weigh between 40 and 55 pounds Size Large: Suitable for children older than 7, who weigh greater than 55 pounds If your child is in between sizes, such as a child who weighs around 40 pounds, or is 4.5 years old, order a smaller size if the child is taller / thinner than an average child of their age, or order a larger size if the child is shorter / heavier than an average child of their age. Children younger than 3 can still use the product, as the size small can be adjusted adequately.
3) The tube part of the ThumbGuard is longer than the thumb. Does that mean I ordered a size too large?
No, the only important factor in choosing the right size is ensuring that there is clearance between the thumb and the tube: without this gap, air cannot flow, and thus, the suction cannot be broken. After this, the smallest, comfortable size is recommended. If the length of the tube impedes your child in any way, you can cut the tube to be shorter, exposing the tip of the thumb.
4) I noticed that the smallest size is for a 3 year old. Can I use these products for children younger than 3?
In short, yes, the small size can be adjusted for children younger than 3. We would definitely recommend using the product if your child has any skin irritation, infection, or redness due to prolonged, vigorous thumb or finger sucking, as our product will act as a comfortable, protective barrier, and will allow the affected area to heal (you can apply a thin layer of antibiotic cream to promote this process).