Participants will be able to:
- Identify the similarities of interdental and lateral lisp(s)in clients.
- List three etiologies for a lisp.
- Demonstrate two new techniques to correct a lisp.
This program is offered for 0.3 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate Level; Professional Area). • 0.3 AOTA CEUs • 3 Instructional Hours (see TalkTools ASHA CEU Policy and Process for more information)
Content Disclosure: This presentation will focus on treatment methods related to the use of TalkTools® OPT resources. Other similar treatment approaches will receive limited or no coverage during this lecture.
Robyn Merkel-Walsh, M.A., CCC-SLP/COM®
- 20 Minutes What is a lisp?
- 20 Minutes What we were taught and why it fails
- 35 Minutes Etiologies of a lisp
- 45 Minutes Lisp Assessment
- 45 Minutes Therapeutic Interventions
- 15 Minutes Wrap Up
- Online ONLY for 1 learner -- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE (downloadable workbook, forms and charts)
- Online + SUPPLIES for 1 learner -- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE, plus the following supplies
1 Nose flute
2 Sterile tongue depressors
- 2 Bite Blocks #2 or #3
- Group Rate for 5 learners
- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE for 5 learners
- 5 sets of SUPPLIES listed above
|choose option||online,online + supplies,group rate - 5 user|