- Participants will be able to diagnose myofunctional disorders based on oral placement skills/swallowing skills/articulation skills.
- Participants will be able to list defining characteristics of a myofunctional disorder.
- Participants will be able to determine if oral-motor prerequisite skills are intact in order to initiate myofunctional therapy techniques (Jaw-structure-tone).
- Participants will be able to measure treatment outcomes throughout the therapeutic process.
- Participants will be able to combine oral placement, swallowing and articulation therapy techniques for those children who present myofunctional disorders.
- Participants will be able to implement at least ten exercises for a tongue thrust program.
The "Tongue Thrust" course is an interactive, hands-on workshop. When taking this course as a self-study it is encouraged that you follow along with all of the activities.
Robyn Merkel-Walsh, MA, CCC-SLP bio
|choose option||online,online + supplies,group rate - 5 user,online + supplies +dvd|