Oral Motor Tools
ARK’s Smiley Face Chew Necklace is sure to put a smile on your face! The double-sided disc pendant features a big grin smiley on one side (indented) and a cool sunglasses smiley on the other side (raised) for different visual and tactile interest. At just under 2" in diameter, it's a great option for those who prefer chewing with their pre-molars and/or front teeth (for more slender options that reach the back molars, see other ARK chewelry). Use this oral sensory solution as a safe alternative to chewing on pencils, shirts, fingers, etc. and to help calm, focus, and self-regulate. ARK's Smiley Face comes in 3 color-coded toughness levels:
- Magenta, Red, Dark Blue, or Yellow = Standard, this is the softest Smiley option (the chewiest level, but still firm) recommended for mild chewing. ( Not Available as of now)
- Lime Green, Teal, or Hot Pink = XT (firmer), for moderate chewing(Currently only Lime Green is being offered)
- Blue, Lavender, Orange, or Forest Green = XXT (the most firm), for those who like to chew on fairly firm items. It's also the longest lasting level for avid chewing. ( Not Available as of now)
- Each pendant is sold individually with its own breakaway necklace cord
- Designed, manufactured, and assembled in the USA by ARK Therapeutic
- Each pendant is medical grade, FDA compliant, and contains NO lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex
- Each pendant measures approximately 1.9" in diameter and .3" thick.
- The cord measures approximately 36 inches in length.
- If desired, you can shorten the cord by scooting the thread out of the clasp, retying the knot at a shorter length, and then trimming the excess thread.
- Highly recommended for individuals who have Autism, sensory needs, anxiety, ADHD, etc, or for anyone of any age who needs to chew.
**Please note: because of its wider shape, each toughness level of the Smiley Face may feel tougher than the same toughness level in one of our more slender shapes. So for example, if you like the Krypto-Bite™ in the middle XT level, you may want to "size down" to the soft level in this wider shape.