This course helps therapists transition Oral Placement skills into speech sound production by transitioning muscle movements into word drills.
Early developing phonemes m, b, p, w, h, k, g, t, d, and n and the prerequisite skills needed for each sound via Oral Placement Therapy (OPT) are outlined.
This course helps clinicians transition those cues into words and implements a comprehensive tactile approach to therapy through the use of the Oral Placement to Speech Kit.
A therapy session demonstration is provided for viewers to model.
- Participants will be able to define the term “Oral Placement Therapy”
- Participants will be able to identify at least one structural concern that may impact speech production
- Participants will be able to list 3 Oral Placement Therapy tools
- Participants will be able to understand the three stages of the Phonetic Placement Approach
The "OPT to Speech" course is an interactive, hands-on presentation. When taking this course as a self-study it is encouraged that you follow along with all of the activities.
Robyn Merkel-Walsh, MA, CCC-SLP bio
- Online ONLY for 1 learner -- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE (downloadable workbook, forms and charts)
- Group Rate for 5 learners
- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE for 5 learners
- 5 sets of SUPPLIES (listed above)
- 1 course DVD
|choose option||online,group rate- 5 users|