Upon course completion, participants will be able to:
1. Identify the various reasons a child may not be vocalizing.
2. Identify 5 techniques to advance vocalization on command.
3. Complete a parent-friendly home program based on therapeutic results.
This program is offered for 0.3 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate Level; Professional Area). • 0.3 AOTA CEUs • 3 Instructional Hours (see TalkTools ASHA CEU Policy and Process for more information)
Content Disclosure: This presentation will focus on treatment methods related to the use of TalkTools® OPT resources. Other similar treatment approaches will receive limited or no coverage during this lecture.
- Sensi (recommended tips: Jaw Tips, Textured Probe Tip)
- Apraxia Kit
- Bubble Kit
- Echo Horn
- Horn Kit
- 10 minutes: Why can’t my client imitate speech sounds
- 10 minutes: Why do therapists rely on imitation intherapy?
- 15 minutes: Imitation 101
- 15 minutes: Motor Imitation
- 30 minutes: Phonation on Command
- 10 minutes: Differentiating Speech Practice from Language Practice
- 60 minutes
- Applying Therapies
- Oral Placement Therapy
- Reciprocal Imitation Training
- Apraxia Program
- Applied Behavior Techniques
- 30 minutes: Oral Motor Trials
- Online ONLY for 1 learner -- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE (downloadable workbook, forms and charts)
- Online + SUPPLIES for 1 learner -- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE, plus the following supplies:
- Group Rate for 5 learners
- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE for 5 learners
- 5 sets of SUPPLIES listed above
|choose option||online,online + supplies,group rate - 5 user|