ARK's Grabber XT is an oral motor chew tool made out of a Firm & "Xtra tough" material. It is still chewable and resilient, but designed for individuals who exert more jaw pressure. It is still chewable and resilient, but designed for individuals who exert more jaw pressure.It's an excellent way to exercise the lips, tongue, cheeks, and especially the jaw, allowing the mouth to learn and grow strong through oral exploration. It can also be used:
- As an oral fidget for sensory seekers craving stimulation and proprioceptive input
- As a safe alternative to chewing on hands, knuckles, shirts, pencils, etc.
- As an alternative to tooth-grinding and/or thumb-sucking
- To help decrease oral defensiveness and food aversions
- To practice biting/chewing without the risk of choking
- To build oral strength, mobility, and control
- To satisfy the urge to chew for individuals who are fed through a g-tube
- The Grabber has a""built-in""handle that makes it easy for the hand to hold.
- While all surfaces can be chewed on, the long extension allows individuals to reach the back molar area where we do most of our chewing.
- The Grabber measures 5 inches lengthwise, and just under 2 inches across the loop/handle.
- The Grabber comes in several different sizes, textures, scents, and resiliencies to best fit each individual's needs:
- The regular purple Grabber is soft and chewy
- The Grabber XT is constructed of a firmer,""Xtra Tough""material for individuals who exert more jaw pressure.
- The Textured Grabber has various tactile bumps to simulate the texture of real food.
- The Scented Grabbers simulate the smell of real food for added interest and sensory input.
- The Baby Grabber has a shorter stem for those smaller mouths.
- Made in the USA! The Grabber is manufactured in the United States from medical grade materials that are FDA compliant and contain no lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex.