To find out more about TGuard Technology, and how our products work to stop the thumb sucking habit, check out ourTGuard Technology page.( www.tguard.com) Each kit comes with everything you need to stop the finger sucking habit. This includes:
- 1 Ambidextrous FingerGuard appliance, that can be worn over any TWO adjacent fingers
- 30 bracelets: fun to wear, and multi-colored, so children can choose a new color every day!
- One set of instructions
Why is FingerGuard recommended the most?
- FingerGuard takes less than 4 weeks to completely break the habit.
- FingerGuard is made out of FDA-listed, medical grade plastic, and is manufactured in the USA.
- It has a success rate greater than 90%. If worn correctly, the success rate is greater than 95%.
- We offer a 30 day, money-back guarantee.
|SIZING CHART||Age: 3 to 4||Age: 5 to 6||Age: 7+|
|Recommended Appliance Size||Small||Medium||Large|
The FingerGuard, a finger sucking treatment kit, consists of:
- ONE (1) FingerGuard appliance, that can be worn on either hand
- 30 (30) multicolored, lockable bracelets
- ONE (1) Reward Chart with Stickers
- ONE (1) printed instructional sheet.
2) What size should I order?
Size Small: Suitable for children younger than 4, who weigh less than 40 pounds Size Medium: Suitable for children aged 5 to 6, who weigh between 40 and 55 pounds Size Large: Suitable for children older than 7, who weigh greater than 55 pounds If your child is in between sizes, such as a child who weighs around 40 pounds, or is 4.5 years old, order a smaller size if the child is taller / thinner than an average child of their age, or order a larger size if the child is shorter / heavier than an average child of their age. Children younger than 3 can still use the product, as the size small can be adjusted adequately
3) The tube part of the ThumbGuard is longer than the thumb. Does that mean I ordered a size too large?
No, the only important factor in choosing the right size is ensuring that there is clearance between the thumb and the tube: without this gap, air cannot flow, and thus, the suction cannot be broken. After this, the smallest, comfortable size is recommended. If the length of the tube impedes your child in any way, you can cut the tube to be shorter, exposing the tip of the thumb.
4) I noticed that the smallest size is for a 3 year old. Can I use these products for children younger than 3?
In short, yes, the small size can be adjusted for children younger than 3. We would definitely recommend using the product if your child has any skin irritation, infection, or redness due to prolonged, vigorous thumb or finger sucking, as our product will act as a comfortable, protective barrier, and will allow the affected area to heal (you can apply a thin layer of antibiotic cream to promote this process). However, we do not claim a 95% success rate for stopping the thumb sucking habit, for children of this age group, because there is an elevated chance that the child will simply switch from thumb to finger sucking, or vice-versa. This is due to the fact that their habit has not yet matured, and they do not face the same discomfort that other children would face in switching digits (most children, over time, become so accustomed to their thumbs or one set of fingers that switching feels too uncomfortable). The younger the child, the greater the probability that the child will simply switch to another digit, up until around the age of 3.