The participant will be able to:
- Assess oral placement/feeding/speech problems based on muscle systems.
- Integrate hierarchies for motor dissociation and grading (jaw-lips-tongue).
- Develop programs of therapeutic intervention to address physiological and motor-based speech disorders.
- Apply at least 10 new therapy techniques.
- Demonstrate oral placement techniques to improve individual speech clarity and production.
Content Disclosure: This presentation will focus on treatment methods related to the use of TalkTools® OPT resources. Other similar treatment approaches will receive limited or no coverage during this lecture.
This program is offered for 1.2 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate Level; Professional Area)(see TalkTools ASHA CEU Policy and Process for more information)TIMED AGENDA
- Theories of Oral Placement (Muscle-Based) Therapy (45 min)
- Oral Placement Therapy: The “why”, “when” and “who” (60 min)
- Muscle movements necessary for speech clarity emergence or correction (60 min)
- Oral Habits: Prolonged Thumb Sucking, Pacifier Usage, Teeth Grinding & Drooling (60 min)
- Oral Habits: What is the Commonality and How Can They Be Eliminated (60 min)
- Overview of Feeding and How It Effects Speech Clarity (60 min)
- Treatment: Muscle-Based Exercises for Speech Clarity (60 min)
- Activities to Improve Abdominal Grading and Breath Support (60 min)
- Improving Velo-pharyngeal Functioning Using Muscle-Based, OPT Interventions (45 min)
- Jaw Exercises - Stability in the Jaw is Necessary for Mobility in the Lips and Tongue (60 min)
- Lip movements necessary for Speech Clarity (60 min)
- Tongue movements for Speech Clarity (60 min)
- Program Planning: Putting it All Together (30 min)
Level Training Program
This program is offered for 1.2 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate Level; Professional Area). 1.2 AOTA CEUs. The Illinois Early Intervention Training Program has approved this event for 9.72 hours of EI credential credit in the area of Atypical Development, Intervention, and Typical Development. 12 Instructional Hours.
- Online ONLY for 1 learner -- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE (downloadable workbook, forms and charts)
- Online + SUPPLIES for 1 learner -- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE plus the following supplies and textbook
- 1 Horn #1, 1 Straw #4, 1 Straw C, 2 Bite Blocks, 1 Stir Stick, 1 Plastic Spoon, 1 Toothette, 1 Tongue Depressor and Textbook - ORAL PLACEMENT THERAPY FOR SPEECH CLARITY AND FEEDING ($58 value)
- Suggested food supplies to enhance your learning (not included): 10 Cheerios, 10 Pretzel Sticks or 10 Veggie Stix
- Online + SUPPLIES + DVD for 1 learner - ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE plus supplies and textbook and 1 course DVD
- Group Rate for 5 learners
- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE for 5 learners
- 5 sets of SUPPLIES
- 5 textbooks
- 1 course DVD
|choose option||online,online + supplies,online + supplies + dvd,group rate - 5 user|