How parents can assist in verbalization skills of their children
A critical aspect of a child’s overall learning is helping children to develop nurturing and learning skills at home. It helps to promote and develop the learning skills of the child, which they implement in their everyday life. A fixed and disciplined routine will encourage your children to learn. Children’s development of the cognitive and social skills needed for later success in school may be best taught by their parents through responsive techniques that are made to be accustomed from an early age.
Parents and families are always the most important influences in a child's life. Their support can play a very important role at all stages of education of the child. In improving achievement and behavior, parents who take on a supportive role in their child’s learning, do make a difference. The effective involvement of parents in the working of the schools can help promote a learning community in which students can engage well with school staff and their fellow members. Schools can really benefit from these ventures and help their students to do better with the help of parental influences in certain fields. This would help in the overall development of the child, because he/she will get the benefits of school and their parents as well.
Learning at Home
Parents are the very first and ongoing educators of their children thus they need to nurture them effectively at home and outside as well. Children tend to learn what the elders in the house do so one must consciously try to behave in a way that the child’s development is not hindered.
Parents play an essential role in a child's over all language development. Various studies have revealed that kids who are read to and spoken with to a great extent during their early childhood will have larger vocabularies and better grammar than those who aren't. Here are some easy and effective ways to nurture your child’s language development.
- Talk as much as you can-Narrate the day as it evolves. Tell your child about what you are going to do with him the whole day like bathing, eating, reading etc.
- Habit of reading-You always can start reading to your baby as early as possible. Parents can start with simple board books and gradually move on to picture books and longer stories as their child gets older. One can borrow pre-schooler books from a local library nearby.
- Listen to music together.Young ones love rhythmic songs and poems, so show them more of children movies and make them listen to good songs.
- Follow your child's lead-If your child is interested in one particular image, or book, or some lines repeat it to them many times as long as they like it.
- Never criticize them when then try to speak-Praise your little one every time he/she tries. Correct their pronunciation and let them say it again.