Classroom Friendly Fidget Kits for Children with ADD/ADHD
More than 30% parents all over the world are having problems related to the mental stability of their child. You may be one of them if your child faces problems in completing a task, concentrating on a subject, playing quietly or just staying still. Your children might be one of the many affected with ADD/ADHD. Although it is a concern that demands attention, worrying about it just might not help. Instead, taking preventive and repairing measures are a must. That is why a silent fidget tool can be of immense significance in restoring the lost concentration power in children affected by ADD/ADHD. But first let us have a brief overview of the disorders.
What exactly are ADD and ADHD?
Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) are very common disorders observed in children aged above 3 years. Excessive talking, fidgeting and squirming relentlessly, getting easily distracted can be initial symptoms of diagnosing the disorder. The three primary ADHD symptoms are-
- Inattention- The children might become overly inattentive which may affect his surrounding environment such as class, playground etc.
- Hyperactive-Impulsive- Hyperactivity and Impulsivity are also rare symptoms noticed in ADHD patients.
- Combined- When the subject is diagnosed with symptoms of both inattentivity and hyperactivity then this type of symptom are said to occur.
How fidgets can help in such cases?
Although consulting a doctor is most effective in curing such disorders, there are many home made remedies that are very much effective in many ways. One of them is the use of silent fidget toys while sitting idle. Children affected by ADD/ADHD can use these fidgets anywhere anytime and be of sure of positive within the first week. These fidgets are a very self-regulation tool and can be used while travelling in a bus or car, in restaurants and even in homes. These not only helps to keep squirming fingers busy but also keeps the mind occupied so that it does not wander off inattentive.
What Fidget Kits can be helpful?
For your convenience, a few examples of very helpful and friendly fidget kits are given below:-
- Combined Pop Bead Kit: It is one of the most common and useful fidget kits available in the market. It comes in a package consisting of a total of 272 pop beads of a variety of shapes and sizes such as oval, round or bumpy. It can be used as a great group activity or just for making good pop bead designs.
- Talk Tools Bubble Kit: This one is a very effective kit known for curing many diseases such as Asperger Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, Down syndrome etc. They are also known for their ability to enhance lip closure, lip rounding, tongue retractment.
- Chew Stix-Tough Bar: This kit provides a very unique and harmless alternative for children who chew on shirt buttons, pencils and other such stuffs. This product has a variety of alternating textures, which improve the chewing experience of the children.
- Tangle Textured Jr.: This one is a unique hand-held device composed of multiple interconnected rotating links, which can be twisted, turned, bent and coiled as per our desire to relieve minor stress and also strengthen finger muscles.
These above mentioned Fidget Kits are very efficient gadgets of reducing the effects of ADD/ADHD in children.