TALKTOOLS NEWS: ON-DEMAND EVALUATIONS NOW AVAILABLE
After being available for pre-sale for two weeks, 11 new Speech Clarity Evaluation for Therapy Planning Videos On-Demand were finally released yesterday. TalkTools is proud to be offering this innovative way to help Speech and Language Therapists and other professionals perfect their Continuing Education. We hope this technique will improve the way speech, oral-motor and feeding disorders are being treated, as well as facilitate the understanding of special needs.
Each video includes interviews with the referring SLP and parent of the client, an initial Oral Placement Therapy (OPT) evaluation with program plan, and a four month follow-up with a program plan update. The tool is intuitive and lets you go through your training easily and smoothly. You just have to watch the video and take the quiz online to earn your ASHA/AOTA CEUs.
Each video is unique in regards to the client, the diagnoses, and the program plans. The diagnoses treated are:
– Language and Intelligibility: A four-year-old female with the diagnosis of benign hypotonia with a multiple articulation disorder and hyper-nasality is being treated.
– Bilabial and Tongue-Tip Sounds: A four-year-old female with the diagnosis of benign hypotonia with a multiple articulation disorder characterized by an inter-dental production of bilabial and tongue-tip sounds is being treated.
– Speech and Language Delay – Short Frenum: A four-year-old male with the diagnosis of multiple articulation disorder with associated muscle weakness that reduces intelligibility on the conversational level is being treated.
– Speech/Motor Planning Disorder: A three-year-old male with the diagnosis of multiple articulation disorder with motor planning problems not severe enough to be diagnosed with Childhood Apraxia of Speech (CAS) is being treated.
– Inter-dental Productions: A seven-year-old male with the diagnosis of inter-dental production of /t, d, l, n, s and z/ is being treated.
– Speech and Language Disorder: A three-year-old male with the diagnosis of multiple articulation disorder and a limited food repertoire is being treated.
– Motor Planning with Dysarthria: A twelve-year-old male with the diagnosis of multiple articulation disorder secondary to a suspected neurological component is being treated. He presents with a large gap between what he is saying and what the listener can understand.
– Transitioning from OPT to Speech: A six-year-old female with the diagnosis of inter-dental and lateral production of /s/, /z/, /∫/ (sh) and /t∫/ (ch) and “j” is being treated.
– Lateral /s/ and /z/: A six-year-old male with the diagnosis of multiple articulation disorder with lateral production of /s/ and /z/ is being treated.
– Lip Rounding and Tongue Mobility: A three-year-old male with the diagnoses of a) multiple articulation disorder with no lip rounding and reduced tongue mobility and b) poor chewing skills is being treated.
– Early Intervention Down Syndrome: An eight-month-old female with the diagnosis of Down Syndrome is being treated.
Videos are of various lengths. Videos of 2 hours get you 0.20 CEUs, videos of 2.5 hours get you 0.25 CEUs, and videos of 3 hours get you 0.30 CEUs. Price ranges vary from $55.00 to $75.00.
The other innovative thing is that previews are available for free and let you have a glimpse of what you will learn.